Clarisse is a point and click game with a strong narrative experience focused on the investigation and the emotional responses of the player.
You will take the role of an artificial intelligence called Clarisse, that was created to help and support an important doctor in his investigations.
You will work in an advanced science facility and learn through different mechanics and narrative experiences that gives you the chance to know more about the experiment, the Dr. Matt and even you.
The style of gameplay is like a 2D point & Click game. We are focused to bring the player the sense of feeling like an Artificial Intelligence. You will learn in progression and will feel like a AI that It´s learning things about the world that surrounds it.
The story evolves using different elements:
- Click elements: objects and narrative elements give you access to some new information and playable actions.
- Puzzles: you will have to solve different mechanics to advance in the game.
- Information: you could help Dr Matt with the work using your handicaps, but it is necessary to know and participate with the documentation and research.
- Mails: sometimes you have to deal with the life of dr.matt, getting involved through the narrative by answering personal emails.
The main references of the game are:
- Paper Please: The documentary investigation.
- Don’t touch anything: Thinking in the puzzle mechanics.
- 2001: a space odyssey: For the mood and the feeling of the game.
The player explore the facility room, and uses the elements to advance in the game.
For the moment, we have some playable objects and some abilities for Clarisse. We are working hard to bring the completely experience of the entirely game.
The creator of Clarisse and a great scientific, he moves to this facilities to conclude his experiments that are supposed to lead the human kind to a new era.
The puppet of Dr. Matt, a beauty black cat.
This is you, trying to know more about your purpose. You are an artificial intelligence, designed to give some extra support to complete the experiment. You have the ability to scan different elements and interact with them.
You will be watching the room through your camera, and will be connected to the different digital elements of the game and your own interface.
Clarisse is our first game as an independent team, so our goal is simply to make a game as good as possible and enjoy in the process. Currently we are in the 40% of developing, and our currently goal is finish the game.